Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rock Babies and Bags of Acorns

Camp never fails to entertain me while at work. Whether I am with the Chipmunks or roaming from kiosk to kiosk, I get to work with a fun group of characters. I never know what I'm getting into with them!

I was with Baloo and King Louie and after having a banana smoothie break, Baloo found a large rock that he brought to the kiosk with him and tried to give it away as a present to the families. Let's just say, he did not succeed. Later in the day...he tried again...this time he brought the rock out as his baby. He still had no takers. It was very funny. He kept his smile big but he was very sad that no one wanted his rock baby present. Do you blame them? I tried to explain that humans don't respect rocks like bears do and he didn't understand why. At the end of the day he still had his little rock friends which he took home with him. At least Baloo made a new friend!

Another day I was with the chipmunks all day and they were hyper the entire day! It made the day go by quickly. They were determined to take the cutest baby home with them, luckily I kept that from happening. Then this little girl came up with her hands behind her back. She had a special surprise for our chipmunk friends. Her mother informed me that she had been collecting acorns from their backyard just to give them to Chip and Dale. When it was her turn she went right up to them and gave them her surprise. They were so excited! Jumping up and down, and giving so many hugs! They were so thankful for their present. I tried to get them to let me hold them while they took pictures and they wouldn't let me! So I gave them each a marker so they could label their bags, then they made all the people in line witness that I will give them the bags back once they were finished with all the pictures. Once it was time for them to check on their acorn pie, I gave them their bags of acorns back and they happily added them to their separate acorn piles. I did have to chase after Chip once because people said Dale was number one and Chip got upset and started to walk away. We reeled him back in by getting the entire line to say Chip was number one. Those two! I swear! They are the most competitive best friends! At least they can agree on one thing...Donald Duck is not number one.

Thanks to these lovable characters that Walt and his animators created so many decades ago, I get to work with the coolest and most lovable characters in the world. Everyone asks us if it is hard to smile all day at work. Working with characters like Chip and Dale or Baloo and King Louie makes smiling seem so natural that I don't even realize I've been smile for nine hours straight. People who are unhappy in Walt Disney World don't know how to let go and believe in the magic. Once you believe in the magic, this place becomes more than just a theme park. It becomes a place that people can escape from reality every single day.

Have a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment