Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Working the Party

Thousands of people come to Magic Kingdom with a special ticket on select nights in September and October for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I have seen numerous photos of this grand event from years past but this was my first experience up close and personal with the party...while at work. The first night I worked MNSS (that's what we've shortened it to) I was with Ariel in her grotto in New Fantasyland. I didn't get to see the parade or anything but I did get to see all the costumes. Baby Sebastians, Peter Pan families, pirate families...you name it, I saw it! The things people come up with are so creative!

My next night at MNSS was when i was working, but this time I got to work with Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine and Genie in Agrabah right next to the Flying Carpet attraction. The line was never ending all night. They were so popular and there was never a dull moment. It was so much fun. Jasmine and Aladdin were commenting on everyone's outfits. It was really adorable! While there I got to see parts of the parade while I waited for Aladdin and Jasmine to come back from the parade. And I got to see a few of the fireworks light the sky right over Adventureland. Everyone was so excited to be there and fully in the Halloween spirit that it made it extremely easy to smile all night long.

I love seeing people of all ages get swept up in the magic of it all. I love that even the adults have on awesome Halloween costumes. One couple was dressed as Prince Charming and Cinderella. After greeting them as "your majesties" I asked the woman why she wasn't greeting people at Princess Fairytale Hall. She played along with the joke and told me that they were all imposters and they had taken over the kingdom for far too long so I should expect to see the "real" Cinderella up in the castle in the morning. We were all laughing and the time they had to wait while the previous family did pictures flew by. They definitely won for best couple costumes in my book for the night. My favorite family costumes were all Toy Story characters (Woody, Buzz, Slinky Dog/Rex, and Mr & Mrs Potato Head). I can't even remember how many princesses I bowed to that night! When working a MNSS, I know I will see at least one of each princess, Peter Pan, Wendy, Alice, Captain Jack Sparrow, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. But no two costumes are alike which makes it so much fun for the people working. I am very excited to attend the party as a guest because I can't wait to meet the characters that only come out during parties (Tarzan, Jane, Terk, Lotso, Jack Skellington, Captain Hook, Maleficent, etc.). Hopefully I'll get there this week, if not, I'm sure I'll be working there again soon!

Have a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment