Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My First Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party


"Boo. To you. Boo to you and you and you. And you and you and you. Happy Halloween!"

Yes, I've heard the parade go by over and over. I finally got to experience it a as a guest. I got to follow candy trails, ride rides, visit rare characters, and experience all the Halloween only magical entertainment experiences. As soon as I got into Magic Kingdom (dressed as Drizella for the evening) I found Lotso standing in the corner with a generally small line so I hoped right in. Yes his tail squeaks and is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen!

After catching up with a few friends, we went off to find candy trails. One of them had never been trick or treating so we had to change that. We all visited friends and roommates that were working at various attractions and then went on an adventure to visit characters you can't normally find in the parks.

We ended up finding Woody, Jessie and Bullseye at the dance party in the Diamond Horseshoe and danced with them for a while which was really fun! I had never met Bullseye before so that was awesome! We also got to meet Tarzan, Jane, and Terk at the Adventureland Veranda. They were a lot of fun because I am not very familiar with Tarzan so it was funny to see these characters talking about what they know and not being familiar with it. I need to watch Tarzan again. Later we went over to Town Square Theatre and met Mickey and Minnie dressed in their Halloween costumes as vampire and a witch. And at the end, we were walking down Main Street and the Tremaines spotted me from the top of the train station and demanded I wait for them to come down the stairs. They ran down and gave me hugs and were so happy I had dressed up like one of them. We walked over to Main Street to get a picture right in front of the castle. It was a great way to finish our hunt for characters.

From the Diamond Horseshoe porch we watched the Boo to You parade and it was so cute. To see all those great characters, heros, villains, sidekicks, dancers, and classic friends all looked fantastic! We also got to the see Hallo-Wishes Fireworks Spectacular and Celebrate the Magic. They were really cool. It was all Halloween themed, even the specific fireworks were Halloween themed. Disney magic strikes again!

I had such a great time and I can't wait to hopefully go again next year! It is definitely an awesome event Disney throws!

Hope you are having a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment