Thursday, September 19, 2013

First Day of School!

I may not be at school but I still have a class. Part of the Disney College Program includes a learning experience. My learning experience is through the Creativity and Innovation class. It is a four hour class once a week that I get to take with other CPs. The class meets 10 times during my program and I am looking forward to all the assignments that are on the syllabus.

Our first class was all about creative thinking. We spoke very generally about how creative thinking has to be more than just thinking out of the box. We looked at some famous inventors and philosophical people that have been known for their creative thinking and talked about their thought process and creative environments. Out of it all, I learned that creative people are like snowflakes, no two are exactly alike. Which is why I am really looking forward to the rest of this class.

For the majority of the class we were assigned to tables so we could get to know other people and have people who thought differently around us. Then, during the last part of class, we were able to form groups based on what everyone's passions were. I went with my theatrical passion and helped form the performing arts group. We had one girl who loves event planning but couldn't find a group so we created a way for her to be a part of ours. When asked to create a name for our group we came up with "The Producers" because 1) it's the name of a musical and we have musical performers and teachers in our group, 2) our event planning friend is also a fan of musical theatre and has liked the production side of showbiz...kind of like a producer... 3) we thought it was totally creative!

It was so much fun to meet so many new people who all want to gain that extra edge for our resumes. We have such a diverse group of people in the class too. Computer science, early education, music, theatre, business and communications, and animation. I'm looking forward to see what other experiences this class brings!

Have a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment