Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Make a Wish Magical Moment

My trainers said it doesn't happen often. In their many years with the company, they have only seen two or three of these before yesterday.

Yesterday was my last day of training. We headed out to a surprise character spot in Canada in Epcot. Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Gapetto, and King Louie were all there to greet their fans. Groups came with cameras ready. I was with Gapetto and one older man came up to me and told me Gapetto was one of his favorite characters and he had never been able to meet him. Another man came up to me with a picture of him with Chip and Dale when he was a child on his first trip to WDW. He then ran over to Chip and Dale for another picture. Afterwards he came up to me and said it seemed like the chipmunks remembered him. Those brothers have great memories!

Later in the day a little boy was hovering around Goofy. He kept saying, "Goofy! Goofy!" His mother kept reminding the child that they had already met Goofy earlier in the day. Right after that I was walking Goofy back to Max and he got a call from Mickey asking him to do something special. We went back to the previous location with all the other friends we were hanging out with to see a very special little boy.

It turned out the same boy from earlier was there from Make A Wish. His name is Tommy, or TJ, and he told us he is "two, almost three!" When all our friends surprised him his face brightened with excitement. Tons of hugs were shared, and he even had a conversation with Goofy. We gave him so many stickers and his smile was wider than I have ever seen on a child. When he asked where Mickey was we told him that Mickey was waiting for him in the Magic Kingdom. He asked us if his shoes (green and gold crocs) would be alright and we told him that Mickey would love his shoes.I am not usually a huggy person but getting to huge that young child has moved to the top of my favorite hugs list. He was so full of joy and whatever struggles were happening in his reality had bee completely forgotten for those few minutes. His parents were so thrilled to see their child's dreams come true right in front of them. They were so humble and grateful for the magic that it made all of us so happy to be a part of it.

It was an honor to be part of such a magical moment in this little boy's short life. It solidified the feeling of belonging. It made me understand why I am meant to be here. If everything happens for a reason then I already know the reason I am here. I can't wait to get into the parks and create more magical moments, no matter how big or small, with guests every day!

Walt wanted to create a place where you can escape from reality and he wants us to keep the magic alive. I will happily accept that challenge by creating magic every day in the happiest and most magical place on Earth.


Proud to work in Walt Disney Entertainment.



Have a magical day, I know I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment