Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wilderness Explorer for the Day

Today was a rare day off and I took advantage of it! I headed off to Animal Kingdom to get a feel for how the park is laid out. It is the park I am least familiar with and it happens to be the main park I'll be working in. Just my luck. But it was nice to walk around and not be in a rush. I didn't get on any of the rides or see any characters but I took some awesome pictures! It was a lot easier than I thought it would be to get to know the park. It's essentially a big circle so I just keep walking around until I ended up back where I started. I got to introduce myself to some of the other attendants and I tried to scope out each one for the character spots so I was prepared. I found myself looking for smoking areas and restrooms that were closest to each spot also. That training must have really sunk in already! I also found myself trying to eavesdrop on conversations to see if I knew what places in the park people were talking about and if I could think of where they would need to go as if they had asked me the question. Long story short, I did a lot of thinking and picture taking at Animal Kingdom today.




 After lunch I headed over to Magic Kingdom because I knew that Pluto would be hanging out by the flagpole and I wanted to wish him a happy birthday. Today is Pluto's 83rd birthday so it's a very exciting day! I walked around snapping some more photos and went to visit Marie (because she will always be my favorite kitten princess) and then headed over to wait for Pluto. That is one popular puppy, especially today! Finally I got up to see him and he looked like the sugar from all that birthday cake had finally set in because he was jumping and playing around and giving lots of hugs. He was so much fun! We got some really cute pictures and then I headed off to be a grown up and run some errands. That's the only downside I have for this job so far, you feel like every day is a vacation to the happiest place on Earth (even when you're working) and then you leave the parks and you still have to buy groceries and run normal errands.



I went over to the Company D store and got a few things that I need for work, picked up a few things from costuming and went to an awesome Disney store that had a really cool Wonderland mug that is big enough for my "normal" size cups of coffee. All in all it was a pretty awesome day. It was cool to be a guest and
a cast member all in the same day! Yay!


Have a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment