Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Unleash the Villains!!!!!!

LIMITED TIME MAGIC! That is what 2013 is all about in the Disney parks. And luckily, 2013 also has a Friday the 13th. And lucky for me, it was while I was here and right before Halloween. With Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party starting up this month, Disney decided to do a little Limited Time Magic event just for some of our underrated characters...or should I say villains. Thirteen of our evil friends joined us in Hollywood Studios Friday night for Unleash the Villains hosted by three of my favorite characters from the underworld; Hades, Pain, Panick and Megara!


Who knew the event would be such a hit? Not Disney! Cast members were not prepared for the plethora of people that swarmed into Hollywood Studios for the night. The event did note even start until 8pm. The limited edition shirts were sold out by 7pm and the traffic to get in took more than an hour! It was complete madness. But the villains wouldn't want it any other way!


The opening to the event was very cool! Hades and Megara introduced each of the villains that came to visit. There were so may of them, I can't even remember who was there...but I'll try!
Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
Boller Hat Guy (Meet the Robinsons)
Oogie Boogie (Nightmare Before Christmas)
Prince of Nottingham? (Robin Hood)
Big Bad Wolf (Three Little Pigs)
Cruella De Ville (101 Dalmations)
Jafar (Aladdin)
Dr. Facilier (Princess and the Frog)
The Evil Queen (Snow White)
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
Gov. Radcliffe (Pocahontas)
Judge Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Shan Yu (Mulan)

Hey look at that! Got em all...ok I may have looked at my videos from that night as a resource...


Seeing all those villains in one place was the coolest thing ever! They definitely need to make this an annual thing, or at least a recurring event. It was so popular that they wouldn't be very smart if they decided to scrap the idea all together. Could the event have been better? Absolutely. There's always room for improvement. Disney is always improving itself. Was it a success? I'd say so! It may not have been the perfection that people are used to at Disney, but in normal terms it was a very successful event. It brought a lot of people to to the park that would not have been coming to the parks at this time of year usually. I'm excited to see what this event turns into in the future and even what this event leads to in future development in the parks. Cheers to future Disney events! I had a great time at the event.


My absolute favorite part had to have been the fireworks display. Since placing the large hat in the middle of Hollywood Studios, they have not set off fireworks in that park. Well they set them off with a bang, no pun intended. It was the BEST fireworks display I have ever seen! It topped all other Disney fireworks shows I have seen. Disney outdid themselves with fireworks! All together it was a great event to attend as a guest and I gave my sympathies to all the people pulled in to work the event. Great first try Disney!


The event made me even more excited for Mickey's Not So Scary and Food and Wine Festival! I get to work the Halloween party on Friday and I get to attend it as a guest on Tuesday! And then I just have to wait patiently for Food and Wine to begin. Did I mention I love Disney magic?!

Video links!!!!!!!! Hades introduction and the introduction of the 13 villains!

Hades Intro
13 Villains Intro

Have a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment