Monday, April 7, 2014

The Happiest Place on Earth

I hear it all the time at work, "You HAVE to go to Disneyland! It's so much better!" This year for Spring Break I decided to see for myself.

I quickly realized that it is impossible to reasonably compare the two. For starters, they were built for two very different reasons and for very different guests. But I took a step back and just enjoyed the park the way Walt had originally intended...as the happiest place on Earth.

As always, I was mesmerized as soon as I stepped through the gates...the camera was put to work immediately. Walking by Walt's apartment above the firehouse on Main Street almost made me cry. And knowing that Walt spent so many of his days there playing around like every other guest was absolutely heart warming. Going into the lands that don't even exist in WDW; New Orleans Square,  Critter Country, and Disney California Adventure were really interesting.


I went a week before they started doing their fireworks and Fantasmic shows every night so I missed those, unfortunately. But I did get to see World of Color which was absolutely amazing! The water projections and effects were so cool and fun to watch and definitely captured the magic of Disney parks.

But, the best part may have been getting to spend time with two of my best friends from the DCP in Florida who now work at Disneyland. It was as if we hadn't been apart a single day. The bond that molded our friendship during the program, was still just as strong.

Even though it was a short trip across the country, I appreciated the break from reality and was thrilled to go somewhere on my bucket list and spend time with amazing people!

I truly love Disney, the company and the stories, and I couldn't think of a better place to start my career in entertainment and creativity.

To those who have thought about applying for the DCP or are debating on accepting your role, do it! It continues to change your life even after the program itself is over.

Hope you're having a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment