Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Round Two?

I never thought about doing it a second time, but why not keep my options open? Earlier this week I was looking online for apartments to move into after graduation that will put me back in the Orlando area so I can get back to work at Walt Disney World. Becoming an adult is hard. There is no sugar coating it anymore. The candy store has been cleared out and it's time to get in the kitchen and start cooking. So in my search I started trying to figure out what alternate options I would have. Then I thought about doing the College Program again.

One of the perks of the program is that all participants that complete it once have the opportunity to do it one more time. So I thought, I might as well try for it and if I don't get in, I'm not losing anything. So I started the application process all over again. The personal information and the web based interview questions were just like I had remembered. Long and repetitive but I understand their importance. I was honored, but not surprised, when I was invited to complete a phone interview.

Today I sat down in a quiet place on campus and was able to chat with a Disney representative for about a half hour about all the possibilities included in the program. The interview was so different than my first because this time I know what I'm doing. Not only have I been through the process successfully before, but I have worked in a role that has exposed me to new experiences and taught me how to deal with anything under any form of pressure.

I was also so much more relaxed this time. It was more of just a simple chat with the representative than interviewing. So once again, my fingers are crossed in hopes that I can repeat an amazing and life changing program that I'm sure could be just as fulfilling and rewarding the second time around.

I hope you're having a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment