Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Break from Reality

Spring Break came at a very necessary point of the semester this year. I have been working nonstop trying to keep up with all my classes and such to make sure I don't fall behind. Luckily this year I had planned a real vacation. I went to Disneyland! With the perks of being a cast member and the knowledge that two of my friends from Florida now work at Disneyland in CA, I just couldn't pass up the chance. Cast members are surrounded by reminders of how inspirational Walt was to Disney employees so it was a very inspirational trip for me to be in the place that Walt lived, worked, and devoted so much of his time. As if being on the west coast wasn't amazing enough, I got to spend my days in the happiest place on Earth. I flew over with one of my best friends from high school and met up with my two friends from Florida when we got there.

Our adventure started with a drive down sunshine heated roads that looked to be straight out of movies about southern California. I got used to seeing palm trees when I was in Florida but in Cali, there were dozens of them lining every block. It was absolutely breath taking with the sun making them shimmer in the dim wind.
Then we arrived. The gates of the original. The gates that opened for the first time on that infamous day so many decades ago. The place where Walt made sure he had a place to stay so he would never be too far from one of his favorite successes, his playground. Seeing the light flicking in the apartment window (the symbol that Walt is always watching over the park), was a very emotional moment, as it is for most cast members that finally get the chance to see it.
And then, at the other end of Main Street USA was Aurora's castle. The rest of the evening I spent in awe of all the sights in Disneyland, doing nothing but smiling and taking photos of everything.
The next day we spent all of our time in Disney California Adventure. Took pictures with Mickey and Minnie in their adorable newsy and flight attendant outfits, rode California Screamin' and watched World of Color. I had to make sure I did things I couldn't do in Florida before I did anything that has a duplicate in Disney World.


Our last day was spent back in Disneyland seeing all the classics and ended our day with a ride on the carousel that Walt rode countless times before us.





 It was by far the best Spring Break ever and I am so glad I get to finish out my senior year on a great note. Cheers to all the exciting and emotional "lasts" yet to come and it time to start the countdown to graduation...maybe not yet, makes it too real.

Hope you are having a magical day,I know I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment