Monday, April 7, 2014

Aladdin on Broadway

This weekend I took a trip to my favorite city in the world, NYC. The main purpose was to see two of my best friends from college and to see Aladdin on Broadway. Of course, give me an entire weekend in NYC and I'll find tons of things to do.

The weather was not the best on Friday so we decided to poke around Times Square for a little and then head back to the village to order-in food and watch movies.
Found a minion at Toys R Us in Times Square
Saturday was our big exciting day. We started at Lincoln Center, pretending to live out my dream of dancing on one of those stages. Then we headed down to Central Park and walked around, taking pretty hilarious pictures on the huge boulders. After that we went to FAO Schwartz to see the big piano and then down to Rockefeller Center to see the ice skating rink.

Then, since we are all How I Met Your Mother fans, we went on a search for McGees, the pub that McClarens is modeled after in the show. Of course, we had to stop and get a drink in honor of the end of the show.

And in our search for pre-show dining on a college budget, we stumbled upon a bar and grill called Characters which had delicious burgers and drinks for very reasonable prices.

Finally, it was time for the main event...Aladdin on Broadway!!!!!!!!!! The show was fantastic. Since it is still in previews, there are of course things that can be tweaked to make it even better. But overall the show was absolutely worth the money and was great entertainment. The saddest part? The exclusion of Abu from the stage version. While his replacements, Aladdin's three buddies, were funny, they were no match for Abu. And I may or may not have completely geeked-out every time Jafar spoke. He is played by the same actor who voiced Jafar in the original movie and he was absolutely fantastic!

Our night was complete after my traditional post-show Junior's Cheesecake and a subway ride back to the village.

Sunday was spent down in the village window shopping all the expensive boutiques and spending hours browsing my favorite bookstore in the world, The Strand. Miles of books stacked high inside and outside for ridiculously cheap prices, even though I still spent way too much money.

It was a perfect weekend away and a great way to see the city one last time before I move even farther away from it. No matter how much NYC changes, it will always be my favorite city in the world! <3

Hope you're having a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment