Monday, November 25, 2013

Making Holiday Magic

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is a special ticket event that goes on through November and December to celebrate the holiday season. Special characters, shows and parades and of course, free hot chocolate and Christmas cookies. So far I've gotten to work four parties and visit one as a guest. Each time I've worked, I've experienced something new.

At the first one, I worked the dance party at Cosmic Ray's. This during-the-day quick service turns into a dance club with free hot cocoa and cookies for the holidays. Pluto, Goofy (dressed as Santa) Chip and Dale rock it out all night long with kids of all ages. Watching Goofy and Pluto dance to "What does the Fox say?" while chip and dale argue to keep it on or turn it off was one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen at a dance party.

The next night I got to work the castle show, Celebrate the Season. It would have been a much more fun night if rain hadn't cancelled the last show and parade of the night. But I still got to see the show once and watch the fireworks from inside Cinderella's castle. It was a truly magical moment. And because it was raining the park cleared out much earlier that it's closing time so I was able to take pictures of lots of families in front of the frozen castle. It was nice to see that despite the weather, people were still having fun. It definitely made my night more fun to see them having a good time.

I also have worked with Donald, Daisy, and Scrooge McDuck. Scrooge was taking up a collection that evening and by the end of the night he had collected a whole eleven cents. Someone gave him a dollar but we gave that back to him because the little kid was very attached to it.

I also got to work with the Country Bears from the original Country Bear Jamboree attraction. They were some of the funniest bears I have ever seen! People have no idea who they are so they just goof around all night. It was so much fun and a great way to spend time working while everyone else was enjoying the party festivities.

Hope you're having a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment