Saturday, November 9, 2013

SURPRISE! GO GREEN TERROR!

Homecoming is one of the most fun weekends at McDaniel. The campus is full of students, alumni, and our families. My first Homecoming I spent with my new friends and met so many new people that would end up being some of my favorite McDaniel people. Sophomore year, I woke up to a blizzard...on Halloween/Homecoming. Getting to see all the recent grads I had befriended the previous year was great and spending the day celebrating team spirit...in the snow...created some awesome memories. Last year I knew even more alumni and even more students so it was even better than the previous two years. This year the only thing I was really sad to be missing was Homecoming. After talking to all my recently graduated friends and hearing their plans for going back for the weekend, I knew I just had to get there somehow.

Start of the game. Look at those silly visitors sitting on the bleachers.

I started planning early and was able to book a last minute flight for pretty cheap. I only told 2 people about my plans, the one picking me up from the airport and the one I was staying with. The surprises started as soon as I was picked up at the airport. Three of my favorite people came to get me! As soon as I got to campus I was able to surprise some of my favorite faculty members and some friends I've had since Freshman year. The rest of the evening was spent visiting friends...they all had the same reaction, "hey! Wait. Aren't you supposed to be in Florida?" Everyone was so happy to see me and I was so excited to be reunited with everyone! It made the weekend even better.

Sorry Kelsey, there weren't many pictures to choose from. :)

The game Saturday afternoon did not result in a win, however, the tailgating that we all love did not fail and we had a great time anyway. Sunday I was able to go to brunch with a few of my closest friends before catching my plane back to Florida. And then after a long day of travel, I was finally back in the warm state of Florida and ready to get back to work the next day. As much fun as it was to go back to campus and see everyone I have grown so attached to, it was also great to come back to Florida and know that I love the reason I am here. January is going to come too fast but I am glad I have one more semester on campus with all my friends. See you in January McDaniel!
Johanson's Brunch

Hope you're having a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment