Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Traveling the World in Search of Friends!

One great thing about working in entertainment is the fact that I get to know those famous Disney characters very well. I love getting to spend the day with them and hang out with them. Of course, I have to visit them on my days off! So there were still a few I had not met yet that I needed to check off my bucket list. I enlisted the help of one of my other attendant friends and we made our way through World Showcase meeting just a few of our friends before my shift that night.

It is still a magical moment every time I meet a character and they reach out for a hug! No matter how bad my day was or how many times I've met them it never fails to make me happy. Our first stop of the day was right at the front of World Showcase, Duffy! Duffy is possibly the most adorable teddy bear anyone could ever have. Kudos to Minnie for making him that way. I still need to buy a Duffy to take with me on my travels just like Mickey does. But when Duffy came out to meet us, he was dressed for Christmas in his little Santa coat and hat. Sorry Goofy, Duffy makes a better Santa than you! He was so cute we just HAD to give him kisses!


Then we went over to the United Kingdom to meet with our friends Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. I've met them before but I have yet to work with them. I have had many encounters with them in the parks though so I had to go say hello. Pooh was so adorable asking us if we brought him any honey but we told him we were sorry and our honey was all gone and then Tigger bounced right over to us for big hugs and all honey-less thoughts disappeared. We are bigger Tigger fans than Pooh so we had to get a picture with just our bouncy buddy and he insisted on kisses as well. It was so heartwarming to be loved by such memorable characters!


We eventually made our way over to Norway to meet some new members of the Disney family. Anna and Elsa, the new royal sisters from the movie Frozen. Of course, they wouldn't reveal any secrets about their story but just their personalities were enough to make me glad to have them as part of our ever growing family. Anna's dress is so detailed and as practical as a dress can be. Elsa's resembles ice in so many ways, it reflects the light and just glistens with every movement. They were sweet enough to autograph my bag and we had a great time meeting them for the first time.

Our last stop was a surprise visit by Flynn Rider! He was searching Epcot for Maximus. It was great to be able to visit with Flynn without Rapunzel there. I love Rapunzel but Flynn is just so much fun when he's not acting like a proper prince. We asked him if he was keeping Rapunzel's crown safe and he said that he always keeps it with him and then he showed it to us. It was absolutely beautiful! He also had apples in his satchel to help get Maximus to his duties as head of security.


We stopped in France for lunch and to get some goodies to take home for later. I love French food! I would eat there every day if I could! It was a great morning in Epcot. I love being able to go into the parks without a strict agenda or small time frame. I like not being rushed to get everything in the parks completed.

Have a magical day, I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment