Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back to Freshman Year

Starting off in the College Program feels very similar to starting college over. Yesterday was our first full day as WDW (Walt Disney World) cast members so we had some logistical things to do. The three components of the program are what they call, "living, learning, and earning." Yesterday we went to our Housing Welcome Session. I say it felt like freshman year because it reminded me of the first floor meeting I had with my RA during my first night on campus freshman year., except this time it was 200 of my closest strangers sitting around me learning about the rules for living on Disney property. Our apartments are not in WDW, they are about a 10-15 minute drive outside those gates, however, they are still considered to be property and with that comes some very strict rules.

Learning about the safety policies and no tolerance policies was boring, but they made it as fun as they could (it wasn't too long either which was nice). Then it was off to Target for another grocery and housewares run (I always forget how much stuff is needed when moving into a new place). After taking a longer detour than planned we finally got back to the apartment and got ready to go to dinner.

My roommate and I made our first trip to a Disney hotspot! We arrived at Downtown Disney and walked around to get the lay of the land. Once we settled on Planet Hollywood we waited about an hour for a table. The wait didn't seem that long because there was so much to look at! Memorabilia from music legends, classic movies and TV shows, it was awesome! Music videos playing constantly, and the portions were huge once we finally got our food! It was delicious and definitely worth the wait! Our waiter, Ryan, was awesome and a pro at his job.

Overall the day was great and it was so nice to get out and explore a little more of Disney property. Today's agenda: Get a Universal Studios annual pass and head straight to Harry Potter World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me be a geek for a day :)

Have a magical day, I know I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment