Sunday, March 17, 2013

Steps to Working for the Mouse!

STEP ONE: THE APPLICATION

So my original plan was to do the program this semester (Spring 2013), however, I had to decline the first offer I got due to academic reasons. So when I applied this semester for the Fall I got to go through a quicker application.

To get to the application go to the DCP website. The application usually goes live in February (for Spring application) or September (for Fall application).

The first time you fill out an application for Disney, you have to go through all the boring fill-in-the-blanks with your personal and professional information. Then you also have to fill out an online interview type application, which is basically a bundle of questions that is going to let Disney know what kind of employee you are.

Do not try to pick the answer you think Disney wants to hear. Be completely honest with your application. If you are cut out to be a Disney cast member, then you will be without having to change yourself or your answers.

Yes the program is very competitive but its always worth a shot.

So the online interview questions are things like "how comfortable do you feel working with other people," or "how confident are you when given a task to done in a fast moving environment?"

I believe they are all multiple choice questions. Take your time answering them so you are sure that the answer you choose best shows your work personality.

If you apply a second time (whether you declined a previous offer or are trying for a second time) you will not have to go through the online interview portion again, at least, I didn't have to. I had to input all my information again but once that was finished all I had to do was wait to see if I got a phone interview.

And that's step one. After all the written online information and answers are completed, you then have to wait for an invitation to do a phone interview.

Happy waiting!

Have a magical day,
          Green Terror CP
(Photo credit: Disney College Program)

No comments:

Post a Comment